If you’ve already caught the Google+ buzz, and you’re an iPhone user, your free Google+ native client app is ready for download. Google+, launched last month, is a social networking site in which you categorize your online friends, family and contacts into circles, and share photos, videos, notes and URLs with them. There are unique features like “Hangout” for live webcams with selected circle members, and “Sparks”—a sort of RSS feed-based selection of topics of interest. Some of these features are also included in Google+ for the iPhone.
The setup and user interface of the Google+ app is pretty straightforward. It includes the same Profile, Stream, Photos, and Circles found on your Google+ web account. You can write and read posts to and from all of your circles, or tap to selectively view individual circles.
You can also share photos from your Photo Library or ones you snap from within the application. In addition, you can see posts from other Google+ members who live nearby, and “Incoming” posts from your circles.
The app also makes use of the swipe finger gesture of the iPhone, enabling you to switch between the three different menus.
Oddly enough, iOS Google+ is only compatible with the iPhone running iOS 4 or later.
Follow MakeUseOf on Twitter. Includes cool extras.
Google+ App For iPhone Released & Ready For Download [News] is a post from: MakeUseOf
- Sendible Launches New iPhone App, Available For Free Until January 31st [News] (10 comments ...)
- MobileRSS: An iPhone Google Reader App with Social Media Integration (20 comments ...)
- Wibiya Adds New and Improved Like Button and Design Features [News] (20 comments ...)
- VLC Media Player Is Now Available On All iOS Devices (17 comments ...)
- Twitter Adds “Always Use HTTPS” To Settings, Enable It Now! [News] (6 comments ...)
Google+ App For iPhone Released & Ready For Download [News]
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:31:22 GMT