KB2544035 From Microsoft:
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Security Essentials on July 26, 2011, which offers performance enhancements and some new functionality within the program. The update includes:
- New features were added to the command line utility that include:
- Ability to specify a UNC share.
- Ability to perform a custom scan of an entire folder in addition to individual files.
- A performance improvement was made to the definition update process to correct an issue on computers with exceedingly large number of files.
- A fix was made to correct an access violation in the antimalware service.
- Juts run Windows Update to download.
Microsoft Security Essential Update
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:03:12 GMT