After last week’s RIM earnings call, it was hinted that the BlackBerry PlayBook would be dropping in price. Internally Rogers Wireless employees were offered the tablet at a discounted price, and now it looks like Walmart Canada has put out a sale to everyone on it. You can grab the 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook from Walmart in Canada for only $249, which cuts the price in a half exactly. The item doesn’t appear to have the updated price yet online, but MobileSyrup snagged a screenshot clearly showing that the tablet’s been purchased for $249.99. I’m sure tablets will sell out quick once the word spreads and the price updates online. It’s not the same slick deal as the HP TouchPad, but 50% off on a tablet that’s staying in the market is excellent.
How do you feel about the price cuts? Is this a bad sign for the future of the BlackBerry PlayBook or is RIM simply trying to get more users onto it?
- Sears Canada now accepting BlackBerry PlayBook pre-orders
- Walmart offering T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900 at low price for new customers
- BlackBerry PlayBook coming soon to Sears Canada
- Staples Canada to open select stores at midnight on April 19th for PlayBook launch
- BlackBerry Users: Have you lost hope in PlayBook & purchased another tablet?
- $499 seems to be the standard starting price of tablets – PlayBook, iPad, TouchPad, & More
- Staples Canada Calendar shows PlayBook on April 15th in District Sales Challenge
- BlackBerry PlayBook reviews start rounding up!
- Staples offers $100 off tablets coupon, includes BlackBerry PlayBook
- Review Roundup: BlackBerry PlayBook reviews are positive so far
BlackBerry PlayBook drops to $249 at Walmart Canada
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:00:00 GMT