RIM annoyingly changed the shortcut to clear the App World cache on your device when they updated the app to v3.0. Previous versions just had to ALT+RST. One of our tipsters let us know that RIM has updated the official “How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache” knowledge base article with updated instructions for App World 3.0. Want to know how to clear the App World 3.0 on device cache?
To clear the App World cache on QWERTY devices hold the ALT key and type RSTRST. Annoying that RIM felt the need to change things right? It gets even better for Storm users according to RIM. For the BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 the process is still holding the !?123 button until it locks and then typing 34(. For BlackBerry Storm 9520/9550 users you will have to press and hold the !?123 button and type 1?2.
If you liked this article, you might find these interesting:
- RIM Officially Details How To Clear BlackBerry App World Cache
- Reset BlackBerry PlayBook App World Cache With this Shortcut
- FAQ: Selectively Clear Data from BlackBerry Databases Using a Mac
- FAQ: How To Create A Keyboard Shortcut To Search Your Messages With A Saved Search
- RANT! App World Update Notifications Slower Than Snail Mail
Posted by Ronen Halevy for ©BerryReview, September 14, 2011, 12:15 pm. | How to Clear the App World 3.0 Cache Data With New Shortcut | 8 comments |
How to Clear the App World 3.0 Cache Data With New Shortcut
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:15:05 GMT