WATERLOO, ONTARIO - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) announced today the BlackBerry® Client for Microsoft SharePoint, delivering the most advanced mobile SharePoint solution on the market. The BlackBerry Client app provides a deeply integrated and intuitive mobile experience for users together with the market-leading manageability and security of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, providing a secure and cost-effective solution for businesses and government organizations.
"Our enterprise and government customers asked us to bring a highly refined mobile experience to SharePoint and we are delivering that today with the BlackBerry Client for Microsoft SharePoint," said Alan Panezic, Vice President, Enterprise Product Management and Marketing at Research In Motion.
Connectivity between BlackBerry® smartphones and SharePoint servers is made possible with the market-leading BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software. The complete solution features:
- Client app integration with core BlackBerry features and functions such as email, calendar, browser, and Universal Search providing an intuitive user experience
- Check-out, check-in, and versioning of files reflected on the SharePoint server
- Microsoft Office document editing using Documents To Go® (pre-installed on BlackBerry smartphones) to download, create, revise and upload documents
- Access to Blogs, Wikis and Lists and the ability to update from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Content searches across multiple SharePoint sites from a BlackBerry smartphone
In addition to user benefits, the complete solution also comes with many benefits for organizations and their IT departments. Application management and over-the-air provisioning of the Client app is made easy for IT departments with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. The DataSmart™ efficiency of the BlackBerry solution transmits more data with less monthly data plan usage, allowing organizations to consider smaller or more budget-friendly plans. And CIOs will welcome the fact that confidential company information is being transmitted securely over the wireless network between BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry smartphones.
"In a world of continuous connectivity, businesses and governments require products, services and information faster and more reliably than ever before," said Victor Garcia, Chief Technology Officer at HP Canada. "The BlackBerry Client for Microsoft SharePoint helps to address the needs of today's mobile workforce with new tools and mobile applications to enable collaboration and productivity."
RIM Mobilizes Microsoft SharePoint on BlackBerry
Mon, 03 Oct 2011 04:33:14 GMT