Marketers eager to take advantage of Facebook’s Timeline update will have to wait on Facebook’s own internal timeline.
The social networking giant isn’t letting brands create Timeline pages just yet and hasn’t given a date on when that will happen. “We are currently focused on Timeline for individuals and will consider how to make consistent experiences for Pages,” says a Facebook rep, “but we have nothing to announce at this time.”
Facebook has never come out and said that brands will definitely get Timeline pages. Instead, the company has merely hinted at it. “Consistency in both functionality and appearance is really important to Facebook” a Facebook rep told Mashable in September when Timeline was announced, “so we hope to make Pages more consistent with the new Timeline in the future.”
A Timeline upgrade would be just one of three recent social media profile changes that marketers were forced to contemplate in late 2011. Google just rolled out brand pages for Google+ in November and Twitter launched its program for brand pages with 21 advertisers this month.
Since Facebook has been unclear about its plans for Timeline brand pages, we asked a few digital ad agencies to imagine what such Pages might look like in September. Those images are below.
From New York agency Skinny.
Mashable’s Complete Facebook Timeline Coverage
Facebook Timeline Essentials
- Facebook Timeline: The Complete Guide
- Facebook Timeline Is Here: Are You In?
- Facebook Users Beware: Facebook’s New Feature Could Embarrass You
- Facebook Privacy: 3 Fights to Expect When You Get the New Timeline
- The New Facebook: How to Take Control of Your Privacy
- No, You Aren’t Going to Quit Facebook
- How to Fill In Your Facebook Timeline
- 10 Fresh Designs for Creative Inspiration [PICS]
- 10 Simple Tips and Tricks
- 5 Sites for Customizing Your Cover Photo
- 10 Stunning Designs [PICS]
For more Business coverage:
- Follow Mashable Business on Twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Business channel
- Download our free apps for Android, Mac, iPhone and iPad
No Timeline Pages for Brands Yet, Facebook Says
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:24:43 GMT