The latest leaked road map shows the specs for the upcoming 7” PlayBook with HSPA+ but no mention of an LTE or 10” version. The main differences with the PlayBook is that it will support carrier network not just Wi-Fi. It is interesting to see RIM is calling it 3G+ on this slide not 4G like all the carriers are calling their networks right now.
BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+
- Launch date March – May
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Processor – TI OMap 4460
- 42Mbps HSPA+
- Bands 1,2,4, 5/6 & 8
- MicroHDMI, MicroUSB, Charging Contacts
- NFC Ready
- PlayBook OS 2.0
- 1GB RAM
- 32GB Flash
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, NFC
- 5.5 MP rear camera and 3.0 MP Front facing camera
- Audio MP3, ACC(5.1), WMA (5.1)
- Video 1080p, H.264, MPEG4, WMV, HDMI Output
- 7” LCD, 2024×600, WSVGA
- 0.9lbs (425g)
I always get a kick out of these demographics for the target market on devices.
Base on these latest leaks are you ready to buy a PlayBook with 3G+ on it or are you satisfied with the current Wi-Fi model. Sound off in the comments below
If you liked this article, you might find these interesting:
- BlackBerry Curve Refresh Specs and Picture Leaked! 800Mhz CPU!
- Rumor: Possible Specs & Details For BlackBerry Storm 3
- BlackBerry 9020 Onyx Spotted – BlackBerry 8530 CDMA Specs
- BlackBerry Bold Gets Hard Specs – 1GB Storage! DIVX Support!
- WebWorks and the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet and How it All Fits Together
BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+ Specs
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:50:26 GMT