YouTube Gaming now streams in Australia, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand
Should you reside in Australia, Canada, Ireland or New Zealand you'll be pleased to learn that YouTube Gaming has launched on a screen near you. Already available in the UK and U.S., it's positive to see the service roll out in new countries in order to more effectively compete against the likes of Twitch.
As well as launching the service in four new markets, the official YouTube Gaming app also received some love. Here's what is new in the latest release:
- Welcome and setup flow for new users
- Redesigned search results view
- Mobile Capture performance and UI improvements and support for more Android 5.1 devices
- Support for Cardboard VR playback
- Updated game page layout
- Support for creator Sponsorships
- Denser video grids for quicker browsing
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
The web version of the platform is also being revamped with a new simplified homepage, making it easier to get you involved. You can download YouTube Gaming from the Play Store.